Since its first edition in 2008, and through four subsequent updates, the Water Design-Build Council’s Water and Wastewater Design-Build Handbook has guided users on a step-by-step basis through the best practices for procuring, designing, and building public and private water or wastewater projects.
The handbook’s chapters are specifically structured to take an organization through the fundamental steps of making decisions on the collaborative-delivery model procurement, management, and implementation processes. DBIA’s best practices are used to reinforce the overall principles and guidance provided within the chapter topics.
Since education is WDBC’s mission, updates within this handbook are also reflected in the current modules presented at our education sessions.
Here’s a sneak peak at what’s included in the 5th edition of the Water and Wastewater Design-Build Handbook:
- Deciding to Implement a Collaborative-Delivery Project – Includes discussion on the use of an owner advisor
- Principles and Best Practices of Collaborative Delivery – Descriptions of the different collaborative-delivery methods and a decision-making model
- Risk Management and Contracts – Updated graphics illustrate the allocation of various risks
- Conducting the Procurement Process – Incorporates information from the WDBC’s PDB, FPDB, and CMAR Procurement Guides
- Managing and Implementing Collaborative-Delivery Projects – Covers team structure, developing a collaborative working environment, and implementing a project management plan
- Getting to Project Completion and Transition – A roadmap for a project’s final stages
- Public-Private Partnerships – Focuses on the fundamental terms, concepts, and applications in the water/wastewater sector
- Over 30 project case studies highlighting successful collaborative-delivery projects by WDBC members
- An expanded glossary and list of references for additional information
To obtain a PDF and/or hard copy of the 5th edition Water and Wastewater Design-Build Handbook, please complete the form below. Water/wastewater facility owners, WDBC member firms, and WDBC advisor member firms currently in our database will receive a link to download the handbook at no cost. Owners and members not currently in our database will receive an email asking you to contact WDBC to receive your copy. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THE LINK, please check your “spam” folder or contact Teresa Porath at Teresa@waterdesignbuild.org.
DBIA members will receive the free PDF once your membership is verified.
Non-members/others, please check the appropriate box and you will receive a link to purchase a PDF and/or hard copy.
Additional questions, please contact the WDBC office at 410-798-0842 or email@example.com.